Monday, January 1, 2018

Reasons for Groaning

For verily in this we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven:
2 Corinthians 5:2

What if no person ever dies? If persons live forever on this earth, will we have a need to grow spiritually? We noticed that in the New Testament that we groan for a heavenly presence while on earth echoing a need to exist beyond this earthly realm.

Groaning can easy communicate a painful effort of moving from one state to another state. Such occurred to me after a knee surgery when I accidentally rupture my patella tendon playing basketball. During rehabilitation which immediately occurred the next day after surgery, I literally cried from the excruciating pain as I tried bending my knee. I wanted to rest but the bending of the knee to a certain degree became paramount to prevent freezing. Therefore, my groaning resulted in exercising the knee at the prescribed level that eventually enabled me walk again.

Equally, life situation causes us to groan and to escape such groaning ones must recognize the need for growth. The groaning provides a glimpse of being clothed in your heavenly body while living on earth. Therefore, life situation that causes us to cry on earth brings us closer to the growth needed for heavenly preparation. So instead of criticizing your situation just embrace these earthly circumstances with groaning while realizing that each groan enables growth needed for heavenly profits. As noted in Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment