Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Prayer of Hope

I Thessalonians 2:19, states, "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?"

Hope is nothing more than a cherish desire for something to happen. So one can easily question hope when expectation looks hazy and dull. Yet, with profound perception as limited by our human eyesight, it will become illuminated in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.  With that acknowledgement, I ask you to join me with this supplication for your family.
Dearest Heavenly Father, who knows all things about us including our predetermination. Yet, we tend to hope in temporal things like hope for success, for money, for a special relationship, and even for financial fortunate. While there's nothing inherently wrong with such hope, it doesn't resuscitate the soul like having hope in YOU, my Heavenly Father. I realize that I am better off placing all my hope in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming. So help me to set my affections on YOU and Your Kingdom instead of temporal things on Earth as I realize that my eternity means residing with YOU. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment